Job Reference: GOSSF02
Salary: £10.00 per hour
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
Bailey Employment Services Ltd are currently recruiting a number of Semi-Skilled Fitters to join a growing team based in Stocksbridge.
We are looking for Fitters to specialise in different departments these will include, plumbing, joinery, bodywork and electrical.
Areas of responsibility:
• Vehicle body preparation involving metal working.
• Joinery and furniture assembly/fitting
• Installation of electrical/wiring looms.
• General finishing work (fitting carpets, upholstery)
Candidates should be able to demonstrate
• Ability to follow instructions and work within guidelines given.
• Experience in air powered tools
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• High level of technical knowledge.
• Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, able to work quickly and efficiently in a physical role and will be keen and eager to learn. You will also be comfortable working with a wide array of tools.
Previous experience in a similar role or fitting UPVC windows would be an advantage, but any candidate with transferable skills from a similar manufacturing role would be considered.
The hours of work will be 7:30am-5pm Mon-Thurs and 7:30am-12:30pm Fri; 39.75 hours per week.
This is a temp to perm position.
The starting rate is £10 per hour depending on experience, however once permanent with the company you will receive a grading bonus which means the more areas you are trained in and the more skills you have, the more you will get paid.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)