Job Reference: MESRC0008
Salary: £13.74-14.84 per hour
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Referencable Work History or Experience
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced H&S Advisor to work Monday to Thursday for our established Westbury based client.
- Coordinates and is responsible for the implementation of the Company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and legislative compliance.
- Appointed person for competent advice for both Audience Systems and Audience Upholstery.
- Coordinates and communicates Health and Safety matters generally. Sets a personal example for H & S by leading with high standards.
DUTIES WILL include:
Health & Safety:
- Coordinate Health and Safety management systems within ASL and AUL.
- Support managers and employees by providing advice, guidance and support on current legislation to ensure the implementation of H & S policy & procedures and associated safe systems of work.
- Keep abreast of Health and Safety legislation and inform the relevant people.
- Work hand in hand with the management team to identify safety issues, develop, build effective relationships with managers and employees to support H&S compliance.
- Develop and undertake internal audits in conjunction with department managers.
- Contributes to H & S training needs by advising and assisting in the development of H & S training and by delivering training sessions (including H & S induction for new employees) in conjunction with managers and third parties as appropriate.
- Maintaining accident and incident reporting mechanism and support line managers to undertake effective accident investigation. On exception basis take the lead in significant or complex accident investigations.
- Compile and provide H& S statistics on accidents & incidents to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate and act as Chairman of the Company Health and Safety Committee.
- Organise H&S related training in accordance with statutory obligations and company policy.
- Responsible person for the building/premises.
- Raise awareness of Health and Safety systems and promote H&S within the business to encourage a pro-active approach towards management system controls.
- Personal training and development to ensure personal and business success.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time.
The exactness of this job description may vary from time to time due to changing operational requirements.
- Proven experience of working within an engineering/manufacturing organisation/operation.
- Breadth of knowledge and experience of H&S systems and good knowledge in problem solving techniques.
- Relevant Health and Safety Qualification (NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum).
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office software.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues at all levels - internally and externally.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Close attention to detail with the ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Proactive and pragmatic in approach, with ability to make things happen.
- Flexible approach to work and lead by example.
- Role will involve occasional travel to client sites.
To apply please email your up to date CV to Shaun today.
For further information please call Shaun on 01225 709494