Job Reference: MESRC00035
Salary: £24.62 per hour
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Manager for our Chippenham based production client.
Reporting to the Site Manager, this exciting opportunity will require the successful individual to provide leadership to the site maintenance engineering team and bring focus and priority to our factory and equipment asset maintenance activities to support our commitment to Health & Safety whilst improving reliability, environment and performance.
Key tasks in this role include:
- Build on and sustain a high-performance Maintenance Team, ensure capabilities and capacities are in place to deliver asset reliability and performance in a high paced 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Manage Engineering stores and workshop facilities to include budget responsibility, stock control, procurement, spares availability and housekeeping.
- Develop the local Computerised Maintenance Management system. Introduce, manage and take responsibility for Asset Maintenance KPI’s such as MTBF and MTTR.
- Develop and manage an Asset (equipment and facilities) Management program, challenging and optimising the balance between reactive and proactive maintenance activity across the site.
- Assess downtime trends, identify improvement opportunities and work with the operations team to develop plans to improve equipment reliability.
- Manage contractor activity across the site to ensure compliance with company safety and environmental policies.
- Ensure compliance with respective Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation
This position will typically work on a Monday to Friday basis with some out of hours or weekend work expected but not regularly.
The role is paying a salary of £48k maximum with bonus of 13%
The preferred candidate will have Maintenance or Production Management experience with an Engineering Degree or equivalent. Having a flexible and positive attitude, you will be a champion of change with a passion to progress being essential to the role.
With desire for further progression, candidates should demonstrate collaborative working and leadership with various stakeholders within and outside the company. Strong technical skills and an overall ability to quickly accrue social capital of those around them is also required.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
For further information please call Shaun on 01225 709494